Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Rorohiko Workflow Resources
  Welcome the Message Board of Rorohiko Workflow Resources. To register, please e-mail [email protected] - automatic registration has been turned off because of relentless spambots and spammers. This Message Board is not actively monitored. If you have an urgent question, please e-mail [email protected]. If you post it here, it will probably be many weeks before we notice.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Image Library Loader (Read 8614 times)
Warren
YaBB Newbies

Image Library Loader
06/08/06 at 04:33:15

As near as I can tell, I don't have the plug-in running because I don't see it in the list. The extension on the file is .spln not the normal .pln. Should that matter? All I have right now is an API  menu items with  with Active Page Item Runtime as the only item listed below.

I'm flummoxed.

Warren

IP Logged

Kris Coppieters
YaBB Administrator

New Zealand
Re: Image Library Loader
Reply #1 - 06/08/06 at 07:21:12

Hi Warren,

That sounds all pretty normal - .spln files are not 'real' plug-ins and don't appear in the plug-in list. .spln files are really just JavaScript/ExtendScript in disguise.

Instead they are loaded dynamically on an as-needed basis when you open a document. So, you won't see the Image Library Loader listed in the 'Active Page Item Runtime...' window until you open a document.

Start InDesign

If you see an 'API' menu item after starting InDesign, things are looking OK (this initial menu is generated by a real plug-in, the Active Page Item Runtime).

Then open a document.

Check the 'API' menu - if you have the ImageLibraryLoader.spln loaded, extra menu items should appear.

Check the 'Active Page Item Runtime...' in the API menu - the Image Library Loader should be listed there (but NOT in the InDesign list of plug-ins)...

Hope that clarifies it a bit!

Cheers,

Kris

Kris
IP Logged

Warren
YaBB Newbies

Reply #2 - 06/08/06 at 11:07:25

Kris,

As soon as I had a file open, it was working g great. This is a wonderful plug-in. About the only thing we would love here is an option to remove the file from the library after it had been placed. Then we could know what items are still needing to be placed and not just all of the items.

Thanks,

Warren

IP Logged

Kris Coppieters
YaBB Administrator

New Zealand
Reply #3 - 06/08/06 at 11:25:24

Hi Warren,

That's easy - just use the standard InDesign library management:

- select an image on the palette
- select the palette menu's 'Delete Item(s)' option

That removes the item from the palette.

The palette menu is what you get when you click the right-pointing triangle on the library palette, upper-right corner.

Kris
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print