Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Rorohiko Workflow Resources
  Welcome the Message Board of Rorohiko Workflow Resources. To register, please e-mail [email protected] - automatic registration has been turned off because of relentless spambots and spammers. This Message Board is not actively monitored. If you have an urgent question, please e-mail [email protected]. If you post it here, it will probably be many weeks before we notice.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Textexporter incompatible with Softcare's K4 (Read 7685 times)
arnolddesign
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Textexporter incompatible with Softcare's K4
08/10/06 at 23:30:39

Hello from Switzerland

I identified Textexporter to be incompatible with Softcare's K4 Publishing System, i.e. the Plug-Ins that are installed with it.

When checking in a layout in K4 while Textexporter is installed, I get an error message that the local copy cannot be deleted (error -47; Softcare says that this corresponds to "file in use").

Also Textexporter prevents K4/ID from saving the position of the query palette, that is even the fact that there was one open.

Dear Kris, after being so overwhelmed with Textexporter finally delivering the long awaited text export feature in InDesign, I almost can't stand that I have to deactivate it because of this incompatiblity. I hope you are able to get the two things to work together!

Thank you,

Lukas

PS: before I posted this I installed Version 1.0.1with Active Page Item Runtime version 1.0.26

IP Logged

Kris Coppieters
YaBB Administrator

New Zealand
Re: Textexporter incompatible with Softcare's K4
Reply #1 - 08/11/06 at 06:27:58

Dear Lukas,

I'll investigate and get back to you ASAP. The problem might be related to Active Page Item, rather than with TextExporter.

Thanks for reporting!

Cheers,

Kris

Kris
IP Logged

Kris Coppieters
YaBB Administrator

New Zealand
Reply #2 - 08/12/06 at 01:07:18

Dear Lukas,

I have found some potential issues in the active page items runtime; with a little bit of luck these are responsible for the conflict you're observing.

I created a new version of the runtime (1.0.28) - can you please test it with the text exporter and see whether the conflict with K4 still occurs?

http://www.rorohiko.com/activepageitemsruntime.html

Thanks!

Kris

Kris
IP Logged

arnolddesign
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - 08/12/06 at 01:24:24

Hi Kris

thanks a lot for your late nightwork - as far as I can see after an immediate test this solved at least the problems found so far and I hope that there won't be any more!

Greetings from a wet and cold (summer?) day in Switzerland,

Lukas

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print