Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Rorohiko Workflow Resources
  Welcome the Message Board of Rorohiko Workflow Resources. To register, please e-mail [email protected] - automatic registration has been turned off because of relentless spambots and spammers. This Message Board is not actively monitored. If you have an urgent question, please e-mail [email protected]. If you post it here, it will probably be many weeks before we notice.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Workaround? RTF exports lots of extraneous code (Read 6364 times)
samdiener
YaBB Newbies

Workaround? RTF exports lots of extraneous code
11/28/06 at 18:48:35

Hi,
When I export the text of our magazine, we want to preserve the simplest of formatting (italic, bold, etc.), so we can't use plain text export.
But when I try to use rtf for placing into our CMS (Drupal), indesign exports all sorts of ugly codes that clog up the works and prevent copying and pasting or importing.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Sam

IP Logged

Kris Coppieters
YaBB Administrator

New Zealand
Re: Workaround? RTF exports lots of extraneous cod
Reply #1 - 12/04/06 at 11:16:59

Hi Sam,

We are currently looking at creating an enhanced, commercial version of the TextExporter, which would also target other file formats, like HTML or XHTML, and possibly with a variable degree of formatting fidelity. Time permitting, we'll have some alpha or beta versions available in a few months time - keep an eye on our web site...

Kris
IP Logged

samdiener
YaBB Newbies

Re: Workaround? RTF exports lots of extraneous cod
Reply #2 - 12/04/06 at 14:19:39

Thanks,
It's good to know there might be a fix for this difficulty in a few months. A clean XHTML export capability might do the trick (my understanding is that Adobe broke Indesign's export to HTML and XHTML capability in order to try to lock people in to GoLive. So Micro$oftian. In the next version of Indesign, I hope Adobe fixes this directly - and now that they own Dreamweaver too, maybe it's in their interest?).
In the meantime, does anyone have any ideas about what we could do for the next few months?
In Peace,
Sam

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print