Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Rorohiko Workflow Resources
  Welcome the Message Board of Rorohiko Workflow Resources. To register, please e-mail [email protected] - automatic registration has been turned off because of relentless spambots and spammers. This Message Board is not actively monitored. If you have an urgent question, please e-mail [email protected]. If you post it here, it will probably be many weeks before we notice.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Chattergoofy with jabberwocky sets from Quark (Read 6925 times)
rdasilva
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

San Francisco, California
Chattergoofy with jabberwocky sets from Quark
02/15/07 at 12:22:41

I exported a few jabberwocky sets from Quark 6.5 on my Mac and then copied them to the chattergoofy folder in my documents folder as instructed by the readme. The problem is that these sets from Quark don't work with chattergoofy in InDesign when I select chatter from the API menu. The supplied NZEnglish.JAB works just fine, but when I replace it with ones exported from Quark nothing happens.

Could it be the file format? The files exported from jabberwocky have names like English Jabbering and Klingon Jabbering. I noticed that these had no extension, like .JAB. So I added the extension but still they will not work. Has anyone had this work? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

IP Logged

Kris Coppieters
YaBB Administrator

New Zealand
Re: Chattergoofy with jabberwocky sets from Quark
Reply #1 - 02/15/07 at 13:03:58

Dear,

Normally, the extension is not relevant - .JAB files originate from Windows, Mac files don't have an extension. ChatterGoofy should recognize both types.

How many computers are involved? I.e. is this a single computer with Quark 6.5 and InDesign, or are multiple computers involved (e.g. a Mac with Quark 6.5 and a Windows with InDesign)?

E-mail us a copy of one of the Jabberworky exports - we'll have a look to see what is wrong with them..

Mail to [email protected]

Cheers,

Kris

Kris
IP Logged

rdasilva
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

San Francisco, California
Re: Chattergoofy with jabberwocky sets from Quark
Reply #2 - 02/16/07 at 05:42:06

Hi Kris,

I'm emailing you the sets that I exported out from Quark 6.5.

Regarding computers involved, there are two - both are Macs running OS X. The only reason for this is that the computer that's running InDesign CS2 doesn't have Quark on it. I just exported the sets, copied them to a common server volume, and then from there to the Mac with InDesign.

Thanks for your help,
rdasilva

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print