Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Rorohiko Workflow Resources
  Welcome the Message Board of Rorohiko Workflow Resources. To register, please e-mail [email protected] - automatic registration has been turned off because of relentless spambots and spammers. This Message Board is not actively monitored. If you have an urgent question, please e-mail [email protected]. If you post it here, it will probably be many weeks before we notice.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Printing from book with ActivePageItemRuntimeCS2 (Read 13631 times)
Meilichios
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Printing from book with ActivePageItemRuntimeCS2
08/16/07 at 01:50:53

Hello,

I (and somebody other) have got problems trying to print a book from book palette while ActivePageItemRuntimeCS2.pln is active: the print dialog will not appear.

The print dialog appears after deactivating ActivePageItemRuntimeCS2.pln.

I have done my trials with version 1.0.41 and 1.0.42.

Version 1.0.42 does not solve the problem.

This problem is discussed in a swiss forum (german language):
http://www.hilfdirselbst.ch/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=308124#308124

Thank you
Martin

------
InDesign CS2 (4.0.5); Mac OSX 10.4.10
« Last Edit: 08/16/07 at 04:11:24 by Meilichios »  

IP Logged

Kris Coppieters
YaBB Administrator

New Zealand
Re: Printing from book with ActivePageItemRuntimeC
Reply #1 - 08/16/07 at 06:26:08

Hi Martin,

That sounds like a bug. I am currently working on a 1.0.43 release; I'll investigate and add a fix...

Thanks for reporting this!

Cheers,

Kris

Kris
IP Logged

Kris Coppieters
YaBB Administrator

New Zealand
Reply #2 - 08/17/07 at 23:08:09

Hi Martin,

Check

http://www.rorohiko.com/beta/APIR.1.0.43-pre4.Mac.zip
http://www.rorohiko.com/beta/APIR.1.0.43-pre4.Win.zip

This is a release candidate.

If you have time, can you check that the issue has been resolved? Thanks so much!

Cheers,

Kris

Kris
IP Logged

a_designer
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Missing "ActivePageItemRuntimeCS2/CS3" headaches
Reply #3 - 09/24/07 at 04:44:18

This may be a similar issue: I upgraded to CS3 from CS2, and in the meantime, every time I opened an old CS2 InDesign document, I was asked for the missing CS2 TextStitch "ActivePageItemRuntimeCS2.pln". I could still use the document, but the problem occured when I needed to "package" the document. Because the plugin was missing, InDesign stopped the packaging process and said that it was unable to continue.

I have since installed TextStitch for CS3, and when I preflight a document, it states that the older, CS2 "ActivePageItemRuntimeCS2.pln" is missing, but it DOES allow me to complete the packaging process.

Now here is my problem: I fear that using TextStitch has created a monster with my files and I will not be able to 1) send my files to someone else like a printer unless I now ask them to install an unknown piece of software on their machine 2) all my files will now demand this plugin even if I haven't used it to thread any text boxes.

Is there a way that the plugin can be detached from an associated file? Or can you write the software to be somehow "discarded" and ignored by InDesign if it is missing?

Please help. Thank you.

IP Logged

Kris Coppieters
YaBB Administrator

New Zealand
Reply #4 - 09/24/07 at 07:17:36

Dear,

Would it be possible to send me a copy of the file to [email protected] for inspection?

This is very odd - APIR/TextStitch does add some small amount of data to the InDesign file, but the data is flagged as 'can safely be ignored' - i.e. InDesign should never bring up any dialogs about the plug-in being missing.

What version of APIR were you running with InDesign CS2?

Cheers,

Kris

Kris
IP Logged

Kris Coppieters
YaBB Administrator

New Zealand
Reply #5 - 09/25/07 at 16:04:23

Thanks for sending the document!

I've checked it out, and experienced the same issue you have seen.

However, I also tried to create a new document from scratch, using TextStitch, and then trying to open the document in various copies of InDesign without the Active Page Item Runtime installed, and in that case, the issue did _not_ occur.

From the document history I can see that the document you sent me has been around for a wee while - it was originally created October 14, 2005 using InDesign CS2 version 4.0.1. It's been re-saved a few times since; the last recorded save was September 9, 2006 from a version 4.0.4.

That means that there is a good chance that at some point in time, an earlier version of the Active Page Item Runtime (APIR) might have been installed - and some of the early versions of Active Page Item Runtime did cause the above issue.

So I think the following scenario might have occurred:

a) Install early version of APIR (with the bug), probably to try out one of our freebies
b) Create document, save document. Document contains a flag that says MUST HAVE APIR INSTALLED
... time elapses ...
c) Install new version of APIR (without bug). Open document - no issues become apparent. However, the flag is NOT cleared by InDesign.
d) Open document in a copy of InDesign without APIR installed. InDesign notices flag left behind by early version of APIR and complains.

The problem is that once a document has been created while the buggy version of APIR was active, it will keep the (incorrect) flag and will keep causing dialogs in versions of InDesign without APIR installed.

To resolve the issue:

a) re-save the document as an InDesign Interchange file (with or without APIR installed)
b) open InDesign Interchange file and re-save as a normal .indd file

Now you should have a copy of the .indd file that works OK whether InDesign has APIR installed or not...

Let me know if this fixes the problem for you...

Cheers,

Kris

Kris
IP Logged

Kris Coppieters
YaBB Administrator

New Zealand
Reply #6 - 10/10/07 at 06:47:08

Just wanted to add: APIR 1.0.43 has been released. If you're using the beta release mentioned in a previous post, please upgrade - the beta had a new issue when saving to INX files. The release version has this problem fixed...

Kris
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print