Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Rorohiko Workflow Resources
  Welcome the Message Board of Rorohiko Workflow Resources. To register, please e-mail [email protected] - automatic registration has been turned off because of relentless spambots and spammers. This Message Board is not actively monitored. If you have an urgent question, please e-mail [email protected]. If you post it here, it will probably be many weeks before we notice.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Place and scale issues (Read 8804 times)
Gnirfel
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Place and scale issues
09/07/07 at 03:24:16

First of all, thank you for these great plugins! Smiley

Now on to the topic:

The plugin "place and scale" works a bit "too good". Wink
When I copy/paste an image within InDesign 4.05 with a resolution higher than that specified in the prefs it gets resized.
Would it be possible to handle the number in the PAS-prefs as an "at least" value.
Also it would be great if the plugin could be temporarily deactivated within ID (e.g. by setting the value to "0").

Best regards
Wolfgang

Edit: Another issue appeared. When I delete an item from the page it doesn't disappear until I refresh the view by scrolling.

IP Logged

Kris Coppieters
YaBB Administrator

New Zealand
Re: Place and scale issues
Reply #1 - 09/07/07 at 19:12:04

Dear,

Thanks for the suggestions - we'll look into them for a next version of Place and Scale!

The refresh issue is most probably an InDesign shortcoming - Place and Scale is not really 'smart' enough to influence redraw or refresh, and it relies on InDesign to do the proper thing. I've seen these same issues in InDesign before, and they can also occur without Place and Scale present.

Cheers,

Kris

Kris
IP Logged

joeonsunset
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - 01/08/08 at 15:18:24

DEFINATELY important to be able to toggle this plugin on and off. It's really useful when placing in new content, for example. But, when you paste in content from another document, you usually want it to stay the same size! This has been driving me nuts Sad

IP Logged

Kris Coppieters
YaBB Administrator

New Zealand
Reply #3 - 01/08/08 at 15:39:13

Yeah, that is a fair comment; we'll definitely add that.

Until we implement this enhancement, there is a crude workaround, which is to remove the .spln file from the Plugins folder BEFORE opening a document (but without needing to re-launch InDesign).

.spln files are not 'real' plug-ins - they are disguised scripts, and they are activated the instant a document is opened.

That means you don't need to re-launch InDesign to deactive an .spln file - simply close the document(s), remove the .spln from the plug-ins folder, re-open the documents

To re-activate, follow the reverse procedure: close document(s), insert .spln file into plug-ins folder, re-open documents.

Crude, but maybe a bit better than nothing...

Kris
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print