Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Rorohiko Workflow Resources
  Welcome the Message Board of Rorohiko Workflow Resources. To register, please e-mail [email protected] - automatic registration has been turned off because of relentless spambots and spammers. This Message Board is not actively monitored. If you have an urgent question, please e-mail [email protected]. If you post it here, it will probably be many weeks before we notice.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
TextExporter (Read 10735 times)
Alfred
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

TextExporter
11/17/07 at 09:07:27

This plugin is great! ...Thanks Smiley

Any news on an HTML exporter yet?
If it exports to clean HTML code AND retains "italics" and "bolds" ...it will certainly be a god-sent ...lol

IP Logged

Kris Coppieters
YaBB Administrator

New Zealand
Re: TextExporter
Reply #1 - 11/17/07 at 09:44:47

Hi Alfred,

We're probably not going to do an HTML exporter - Adobe provides a good XHTML exporter with InDesign CS3, and consequently the demand for an HTML exporter is not all that great, and does not really warrant putting any effort in such a project...

Sorry to disappoint you!

Cheers,

Kris

Kris
IP Logged

Alfred
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - 11/18/07 at 14:09:37

That's too bad ...IDCS3's Cross-media export doesn't retain the bolds and italics and my document has tons of them Sad

Thanks for replying.

Alfred

IP Logged

henry
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - 07/20/08 at 03:50:17

Here's probably a stupid question from a first time user of TextExport but where does text exporter export the text to? I assumed I would find it in the folder of the original document that I'm exporting from but it is not there. I'm exporting as an RTF. When I choose export it does not ask me where I wish to export the text to, only when I export with dialog will it ask for a location. When I go to the location where the document supposedly resides it is not there. What am I not understanding about this plugin?

IP Logged

Kris Coppieters
YaBB Administrator

New Zealand
Reply #4 - 07/21/08 at 09:00:02

Hi Henry,

There are two Export options. Choose the "Export With Dialog..." and you'll be able to pick the location for the export. For the other option to work, you first need to define your export settings ("Default Export Settings...") and then "Export" should create the exported document in the same folder as the document.

P.S. Make sure you have the latest versions of everything installed...

http://www.rorohiko.com/textexporter.html

Cheers,

Kris

Kris
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print