Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Rorohiko Workflow Resources
  Welcome the Message Board of Rorohiko Workflow Resources. To register, please e-mail [email protected] - automatic registration has been turned off because of relentless spambots and spammers. This Message Board is not actively monitored. If you have an urgent question, please e-mail [email protected]. If you post it here, it will probably be many weeks before we notice.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
APID Modified-text event and "find and change" (Read 12346 times)
weller
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

APID Modified-text event and "find and change"
08/06/08 at 04:07:11

Hi

I have an observer object with "subjectModified-text" event filter. When I search and replace the text one by one (that is "Change/Find" button in F&C dialog panel) the attached script gets executed. When I do it in one go ("Change All" button) nothing happens.

Is there any way around it?
The text I'm changing is in a table inside of the observed subject. I'm able to start the script when typing manualy into the cell (one of my recent posts)
The purpose of the attached script is to write cell's contents into database.

Thanks for help
Weller

IP Logged

Kris Coppieters
YaBB Administrator

New Zealand
Re: APID Modified-text event and "find and change"
Reply #1 - 08/06/08 at 13:36:32

I'll have a look-see - might be a shortcoming in APID, not sure. I'll report back ASAP...

Cheers,

Kris

Kris
IP Logged

Kris Coppieters
YaBB Administrator

New Zealand
Reply #2 - 08/07/08 at 09:08:38

Hi Weller,

I tried it out, but I cannot seem to get it to misbehave? I've tried it as direct events, as well as via an observer page item with subject... events, and it seems to work fine? When I do a Find-Change/Change All, I see

modified-text
modified-recomposed-nooverset

or

subjectModified-text
subjectModified-recomposed-nooverset

events come by.

Can you send me your test document to [email protected]?

Kris
IP Logged

Kris Coppieters
YaBB Administrator

New Zealand
Reply #3 - 08/29/08 at 15:04:41

P.S. For the benefit of any lurkers on this thread: I had an off-forum email exchange about this, and as far as I can tell, the events are firing as expected, and the issue was more about how to correctly handle events...

Kris
IP Logged

weller
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - 10/12/08 at 22:32:36

I can confirm that. Kris has promptly sent me an email with suggestions. But different priorities took precedence as the related project was (and is) due on January 09. So it's me who's holding this thread.

I will look into it very soon and I'll let you know eventually where I went wrong this time.

Thanks
weller

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print