Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Rorohiko Workflow Resources
  Welcome the Message Board of Rorohiko Workflow Resources. To register, please e-mail [email protected] - automatic registration has been turned off because of relentless spambots and spammers. This Message Board is not actively monitored. If you have an urgent question, please e-mail [email protected]. If you post it here, it will probably be many weeks before we notice.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
TextExporter unable to export index markers (Read 35895 times)
Dirk
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

TextExporter unable to export index markers
03/16/09 at 22:39:37

Hi,

I have been working with InDesign 3 and the text exporter worked really great, tnx Smiley.

Now I recently started working with InDesign 6 (CS4) and exporting text with indexes results in InDesign crashing. I am using TextExporter 2.0.7. I found out that if I just export text with the given InDesign possibilities (so without using the text exporter tool) exporting text to rtf makes the program crash too. If however I export to "InDesign tagged text" the program does not crash, but still crashes when I use the text exporter tool.

If I delete all index items from the text both methods work great exporting text to both rtf and tagged text.

Maybe I have missed a vital update?
Thanks for any advice

Dirk

IP Logged

Kris Coppieters
YaBB Administrator

New Zealand
Re: TextExporter unable to export index markers
Reply #1 - 03/20/09 at 14:00:54

Hi Dirk,

Hmm... I'd suspect it might be an InDesign problem. I'll look into it, but chances are TextExporter is but a victim. It relies on InDesign's built-in RTF export, and if that has problems, so will TextExporter.

First thing I'd look into is make sure you've got InDesign 6.0.1. Second, if that's not the problem - could you send me a small sample document - send it to '[email protected]' in ZIP-ped form, so I can look closer into the issue...

Cheers,

Kris

Kris
IP Logged

Kris Coppieters
YaBB Administrator

New Zealand
Re: TextExporter unable to export index markers
Reply #2 - 03/21/09 at 16:34:22

Hi Dirk,

I have not had time to check it out myself, but I found this recent post:

http://www.listsearch.com/InDesign/Thread/index.lasso?18564#141632

which indicates the problem is with InDesign CS4...

Cheers,

Kris

Kris
IP Logged

Dirk
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

InDesign CS4 problem
Reply #3 - 03/24/09 at 20:18:40

Thank you Kris,

I thought it would be an InDesign bug and not something in the TextExporter tool. But it is reassuring that it is not something I have overlooked. Are you still interested in receiving a test file with some index codes?
Hopefully InDesign will come up with a fix for this soon since exporting text to rtf (Word) with index markers is a vital link in our production process.

Dirk

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print