Soxy 1.6.2 has been released for Mac OS X and Windows and it now supports CS6 and QuarkXPress 9 documents.
There’s a stumbling block when there are multiple versions of applications like Adobe® InDesign®, QuarkXPress®, Adobe Illustrator®… installed on the same computer.
Double-clicking a file’s icon will often cause the wrong application version to launch. As a result, you might unwittingly re-save a document into a more recent file format, which could be a bad thing. Maybe it’s a customer file, and the customer might not be able to open the updated file when you e-mail it back to her.
Soxy 1.6.2 includes the following changes:
- Added support for Adobe InDesign CS6 files.
- Added support for Adobe InCopy CS6 files.
- Added support for Adobe Illustrator CS6 files.
- Added support for Adobe Photoshop CS6 files.
- Added support for Adobe Fireworks CS6 files.
- Added support for Quark XPress 9 files.
- Fixed a bug where Soxy would set the icons for server files when the option was off.
For more info and to download a 20-day fully functional demo click here: