Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Rorohiko Workflow Resources
  Welcome the Message Board of Rorohiko Workflow Resources. To register, please e-mail [email protected] - automatic registration has been turned off because of relentless spambots and spammers. This Message Board is not actively monitored. If you have an urgent question, please e-mail [email protected]. If you post it here, it will probably be many weeks before we notice.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sudoku template file (Read 29156 times)
spaceace
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Sudoku template file
02/22/06 at 06:54:50

I tried opening this template in In Design CS v.4 and I get an error stating that it is unable to open the file and to either upgrade the plug-in or my version of Indesign. the plugin for active page runtime is functioning and running. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

IP Logged

Kris Coppieters
YaBB Administrator

New Zealand
Re: Sudoku template file
Reply #1 - 02/22/06 at 08:22:05

Dear,

What computer platform are you on, Windows or Mac? First, please double-check you are using the correct plug-in for your platform and version of InDesign.

On Mac, the plug-in you use should be called:

ActivePageItemRuntimeCS2.pln.framework

On Windows the plug-in you use should be called:

ActivePageItemRuntimeCS2.pln

The latest version of the plug-in is 1.0.15a - if you're running an older version, please upgrade:

http://www.rorohiko.com/activepageitemsruntime.html

Also make sure you use the latest version of the Sudoku template

http://www.rorohiko.com/downloads/SudokuGenerator.1.0.3.zip

If those things are all correct, then you might be trying to use a corrupted download, because even without plug-in installed, there should be no messages at all when you try to open the template document. (The template would not be 'active' without plug-in, but it should not show any messages).

Try to re-download the plug-in and the Sukdoku generator template.

If that all fails, can you check the following things:

- Is the plug-in properly loaded and recognized by InDesign?
 On Mac, select the menu 'InDesign - Configure Plug-Ins', and verify

ActivePageItemRuntimeCS2.pln.framework

is listed

On Windows, select the menu 'Help - Configure Plug-Ins', and verify

ActivePageItemRuntimeCS2.pln

is listed

Let us know how it works out!

Cheers,

Kris

Kris
IP Logged

spaceace
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - 02/23/06 at 04:08:14

I tried it out on my G5 at home and it work beautifully, thanks for such a great little plug in. I guess the In design version on my PC is corrupt beacuse I keep getting the error message. I have version 3.0 CS not CS2 my mistake. One last question, is there anyway to automate the plugin to create a set number of puzzles. Thank you very much for your help.

Best Regards,
Reuben

IP Logged

Kris Coppieters
YaBB Administrator

New Zealand
Reply #3 - 02/23/06 at 05:44:19

Dear Reuben,

Quote:
I have version 3.0 CS

In that case the plugin used on Windows must be

ActivePageItemRuntimeCS.pln

(with 'CS', not 'CS2', near the end), otherwise it won't work. Can you double-check that?

We're currently working on a more advanced (but not free) version of the Sudoku-generator, which would allow multiple puzzles, symmetrical puzzles,... Keep an eye on our web site.

If you have some scripting experience, you also could automate the current (free) plugin through AppleScript or VBScript...

Cheers,

Kris

Kris
IP Logged

spaceace
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - 02/23/06 at 08:59:41

Yeah I had the right runtime. I am very interested in the new sudoku generator, I will keep my eye out for it. I will try and automate the version I have now with scripting, but it will be trial and error, I'm not too advanced at it. Thanks alot for all your help with this. Keep up the good work.

Regards,
Reuben

IP Logged

spaceace
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - 02/28/06 at 06:34:07

Kris,

I don't know if this is a bug in the Soduko generator, but when a puzzle is generated there only seems to be three sides that are in bold, while the fourth line is visible it is not bold. Is there anyway to correct this?

Regards,
Reuben

IP Logged

Kris Coppieters
YaBB Administrator

New Zealand
Reply #6 - 02/28/06 at 07:27:05

Hi Reuben,

Not sure what you mean - can you e-mail me a screenshot? I've not seen nor experienced anything like what you describe.

The Sudoku generator will simply use whatever formatting was prepared in the sudoku.indt template. It has no 'knowledge' about any formatting; it is supposed to duplicate whatever formatting is prepared for it in the template grid.

You can open the sudoku.indt template, click 'Cancel' (so it does not generate a puzzle), adjust the style, size, font,... of the stuff that is there, and re-save as a new template. If you do so, make sure all the cells are formatted correctly - they should all contain exactly one digit 1-9 in the proper formatting.

There is one small known bug in the current template - the top-leftmost of the 'cover box' cells is transparent instead of white, which causes all Sudoku puzzles to have the top-leftmost cell uncovered; that is something you can fix yourself if you want to; it'll also be fixed in the next update of the web site.

If you might have inadvertently changed the template, try reverting to the original file downloaded from the web site. There are some instructions on the web site - http://www.rorohiko.com/sudoku.html

Kris
IP Logged

Kris Coppieters
YaBB Administrator

New Zealand
Reply #7 - 02/28/06 at 11:05:40

Hi Reuben,

Thanks for the file. I see what you mean, but I don't have that problem on the puzzles I generate.

It must be somehow related to some manipulation you did - maybe the way you got that fancy border around it - I guess you are placing the puzzle into another container - in Illustrator I guess?

If so, it might be that that container is a tiny little bit too narrow, so it strips off the right border, could that be the issue? Or else it might be related to how you generate that EPS?

I've e-mailed you an EPS file generated out of InDesign, straight off the template, and it does not have the issue...

Kris
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print