Soxy 1.6.0 has been released for Mac OS X and Windows.
There’s a stumbling block when there are multiple versions of applications like Adobe® InDesign®, QuarkXPress®, Adobe Illustrator®… installed on the same computer.
Double-clicking a file’s icon will often cause the wrong application version to launch. As a result, you might unwittingly re-save a document into a more recent file format, which could be a bad thing. Maybe it’s a customer file, and the customer might not be able to open the updated file when you e-mail it back to her.
Soxy 1.6.0 includes the following changes:
- New Activation Scheme
- Added support for CS5.5
- Added support for Photoshop Files
- Added support for more InDesign and InCopy files, including INX, IDML & ICMT
- Added option for converting IDML files to INDD files.
- Added feature where Soxy will inform the user of an extension mismatch.
- Added feature where Soxy can keep itself as the default application.
- Upgraded look
- Fixed issue where Soxy would query for available updates on each document launch. Soxy now queries the update server at most once a day.
- Many other bug fixes
For more info and to download a 20-day fully functional demo click here: